About Me

I'm a 26 year old dad to be from Ohio. My son is due October 28th. I have unfortunately always been over weight. I want to make sure I lose the weight this time to make sure I am around and healthy for him. Please come back as often as possible and help keep things new and exciting here...hopefully we will all have some fun along the way to me getting in shape. Please feel free to send suggestions for diet or workouts you want to see me do. If you want to follow along with me on your own please send in updates of your progress if you would like to share.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Roasted or Baked?

STOP! Don't call PETA just yet. I am not really proposing anyone eats a guinea pig diet (although it is a delicacy in parts of South America). This blog is all about me being the proverbial "guinea pig" in an experiment.



I have unfortunately always been a big guy. Countless diets have come and gone in my life...Atkins, low calorie, weight watchers, you name it. They all got boring and I lost the will to continue on with them. It is this boredom that I have to overcome. I want to finally get in shape. My first child is due in October and I want to be here as long as I can, and as healthy as I can be for him.



Some things you should know about me...I am a VERY picky eater, but I am not only going to put up food that I like as voting options (so this could get very interesting). I am 26 years old, 6'3" and my current weight is 378 pounds. My ultimate goal is to get to 240 pounds. I do not believe that to be doable in the 5 months until my son is born, but if this is a great success at that time I will continue being your guinea pig.



Starting Tuesday May 26, 2009 I will be posting up options of exercise that I am willing to do (or die trying), food that I am willing to eat for the day, and various other diet related options. Then its up to you. I want the input of the world. This is a social experiment with the ultimate goal of getting me in shape through your smart decisions. I strongly encourage anyone who wants to follow along with me to do so. Then keep me updated with your progress and thoughts.



I am willing to make the commitment to do whatever the masses vote on. All I am asking of you is to commit to coming back as often as possible and helping me keep this interesting and successful. Once I start getting a good group of followers I would love to take reader suggestions of exercises or food choices to be including in the voting.

1 comment:

nycgurl4life said...

Best of luck! I'll keep checking in with your blog. I'm on my own weight loss journey so I know what you are going through.

http://nycgurl4life.blogspot.com/