About Me

I'm a 26 year old dad to be from Ohio. My son is due October 28th. I have unfortunately always been over weight. I want to make sure I lose the weight this time to make sure I am around and healthy for him. Please come back as often as possible and help keep things new and exciting here...hopefully we will all have some fun along the way to me getting in shape. Please feel free to send suggestions for diet or workouts you want to see me do. If you want to follow along with me on your own please send in updates of your progress if you would like to share.

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Mummy Returns

Does everyone remember those really old black and white horror movies that starred mummies? Flash forward to today and you get me as your star instead. During the weekend the vote was a tie 3-3 for 20 flights of stairs and 500 jumping jacks. Without being able to break the tie I did both.

On Saturday I did the jumping jacks. The first 100 was a breeze. During the second 200 I definitely started to break a sweat. Sometime during the third 300 I black out...not really, but man it was kicking my butt. I had to stop and come back later and finish up the additional 225 or so that I had left. I got them all in within a few hours to spare before sunset. Between the jumping jacks and the packing I got a much, much bigger workout than I normally would sitting in a bank.

Sunday was stair day. I knocked out the first 10 sets up and down and found myself so winded that I swear I just blew up a blow up pool equivalent to a real Olympic pool. I had to do the other 10 in two sets of five because my legs were turning to jello.

Come this morning I felt like my muscles had fused to my bones and refuse to move. I'm not sure, but I think that horror movie mummy might have actually stumbled along faster than I was this morning.

It was a horrible, but great feeling simultaneously. I am still sore, but am very proud of myself.

This week I am going to put out a few options, but I will ask that you guys leave a suggestion by clicking "comment" or the pencil icon below. I want this to be fun and exciting for you and me...so let me know what you would like me to do and I'll put it in the poll. If I get a lot of suggestions I'll pick 3-4 at random.

What exercise should I do for Tuesday-Wednesday?
20 minute bike ride
30 minutes of wii boxing
100 sit ups
ugg boots

No comments: